Saturday, December 15, 2012

November Was Great; December's Even Better!

It looks as if what I once perceived to be a long shot has finally come true. In November, my passive income reached the four figure mark, almost exactly.

I made $1,000.37.

The sudden jump is all because of two new books I put out that did incredibly well. I also opened two new streams of income (Amazon Affiliate program and Kobo Books). Two weeks into December, with one additional title published, I have already made over $1,000. With the holidays, I'm confident that that will reach $2,000 by month's end.

All it took was persistence, good market research, a basic understanding of SEO, and some writing skills. I really cannot stress enough the importance of making sure that your product will sell before you launch it.

3 comments:

  1. Cindy,

    What are the ebooks you have written? Did you mention them in your blog? I have read quite a few of your posts and nowhere seems a title to be mentioned. Shouldn't you have a page with all your ebooks?

    Did you look into SBI for passive income? I have just bought it and some people swear by it even if it seems I am late to the game as usual :). Panda/Penguin seems to have affected a lot the SBI sites and not only.

    Should have bought the package 4/5 years ago when I think I learnt for the 1st time about it, but not I had chosen to 'invest' thousands of $ in stocks, and I have lost a lot.

    Like how you write,
    Mike
    http://twitter.com/curbexcitement

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mike,

    Thanks for stopping by. For now, I've chosen not to disclose any of the products I've created, mainly because I don't want to have any link between my pen names and some identity that is not my pen name. I may reverse this decision in the future, but for now it seems like the right thing to do - after all, each pen name is a brand, and were any of my readers to find out that I'm not who I say I am, that would sully my reputation.

    I have looked into SBI and considered launching a site, but I am holding off until I have more money to spend. eBook royalties are paid on a two month delay, so it will be a little while before I have the money to invest in such an experiment. I too have heard about panda/penguin totally changing the landscape, so right now I think my focus is on creating products, specifically ebooks (though I do want to expand into infoproducts at some point!).

    Cheers,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fair enough.

    I look forward to a post about writing ebooks, especially how to research topics.

    'I researched my topic, wrote, and published the book all in the same day.' is very impressive, the rest of us can only dream of.

    Should release a product similar to 'Vic Johnson's Getting Rich With eBooks 3.0 course' but please do not put the word 'rich' in the title :).

    http://twitter.com/curbexcitement

    ReplyDelete